Saturday, August 13, 2011
2011 225/365 Covered Bridge and Reflection, Mill Pond, Old Sturbridge Village
This covered bridge is at the mill pond in Old Sturbridge Village. Built in 1870 in Dummerston, VT and known as the Taft Bridge, this Town Lattice Truss bridge was bought for $1.00 in 1952, taken apart, and reassembled here at the village. In 1955, during Hurricane Diane, the bridge was swept off of its foundation and thankfully saved by employees. It is a wonderful part of the village, crossed by a horse-drawn carryall and village visitors each day.