Creative Every Day/Flickr Project 365 photo for 6/15/2010:
- If freckles were lovely, and day was night,
- And measles were nice and a lie warn't a lie,
- Life would be delight,--
- But things couldn't go right
- For in such a sad plight
- I wouldn't be I.
- If earth was heaven and now was hence,
- And past was present, and false was true,
- There might be some sense
- But I'd be in suspense
- For on such a pretense
- You wouldn't be you.
- If fear was plucky, and globes were square,
- And dirt was cleanly and tears were glee
- Things would seem fair,--
- Yet they'd all despair,
- For if here was there
- We wouldn't be we.
- ~e.e. cummings
Lovely poem, yes? And, so true. Except for the freckle part...because the freckled faces of my children are some of the loveliest sights I'll ever see.
Don't you agree?
Post a Comment
I get really jazzed about comments and would love to hear from you!